I’m settled into my new apartment. My raise has finally taken effect. I have no more excuses.
This weekend is going to be my big meal planning, grocery shopping, pre-preparing extravaganza.
Original starting weight: 239
Lowest weight: 219
Current weight: 234
Exercise is still a problem for me. I’ve been talking about trying yoga for a few months now, so maybe I’ll give that a try because it’s low impact. And low impact is about all I can do with constant migraines and overall lethargy.
But my diet is something I can absolutely control right now. I know that I don’t feel up to cooking when I get home from work each day (because let’s face it – between the migraines and the migraine medications, I’m lucky I even make it to work each day) so I need to plan ahead and make in advance as much as I can.
When I lost twenty pounds earlier this year, it was the result of menu planning. I figured out what I was going to eat and I stuck to it. I planned ahead. That way I wasn’t mindlessly snacking and I wasn’t going through a drive thru every day. And it worked. I dropped weight like nobody’s business. I just got lazy and unmotivated. And the pounds I’d lost found their way back.
The Plan (well, the beginnings of one…)
Suggestions and ideas are welcome!
- Salads. Lots of salads. I have wasted and thrown away so much lettuce in my life, but I learned that if you vacuum seal chopped lettuce in a mason jar, it will stay fresh in the fridge for up to two weeks. And since I prefer chopped salads, pre-chopping the lettuce will be perfect for me.
- Marinated tomatoes and cucumbers – these make great midday snacks.
- Lasagna. With zucchini instead of pasta. I’m going to make and freeze individual sized servings.
- Freezer crock pot meals
- Mini-frittatas or these egg sandwiches (can be frozen!)
- Refrigerator Oatmeal
- Zucchini tots sound like a good side or snack.
- Lettuce Wraps – I need to give up carbs (not completely, but I tend to eat high carb/low vegetable).
- Enchiladas wrapped in cabbage instead of tortillas. I’d make the filling and freeze ahead of time.
- Corn and Quinoa Salad
- Lots and lots of water. Including homemade flavored varieties (or this one).
I’ve got to plan for less carbs and more veggies and more protein. And plan plan plan ahead. If I do that, I will be just fine.