I didn’t know you were still here.
No, really. I forgot this blog existed.
Considering the last post is from 2012, that’s probably not surprising, is it?
2013 was a fucking terrible year. There was nothing about it that had to do with Becoming Mandi Kaye. Nothing.
Let’s do a quick inventory of the things this blog was supposed to catalog:
- Mental Health: In early 2013, I upped my dosage of Topamax to 125mg per day as a preventative for migraines. This is apparently the exact dosage that turns Mandi into a raging heinous bitch monster from hell who is constantly depressed. Only… we didn’t realize it was the Topamax causing the mental health issues until August.These issues caused me to completely isolate myself and shut off the world. I am still trying to rebuild and recover, even though the medication issue has been resolved.
- Journey: There was honestly no way I was going to focus on my weight, health, and overall fitness while my head wasn’t in the right space. I did, however, get a dog last year. She gets me out of the house every day, even if it’s only for a few minutes. I did, however, complete my very first 5k (The Color Run) in September. I walked it, and it took me an hour, but I finished it.
- Weight Loss: I ended the year at 233.6. That is actually 6 pounds lighter than I was when I began this blog (oh so long ago), so that’s something – but it’s not really an accomplishment I can count.
Where am I now?
I got a Fitbit Force for Christmas, and I began using it in earnest on January 6, 2014. My goals are somewhat different this time around, as I have learned some of what motivates me and what keeps my butt on the couch.
- Steps: 6,000 steps per day. I want to work up to 10,000 steps per day.
- Logging my food: While My Fitness Pal has generated a target caloric goal for me, my goal is honestly to log my food so that I have to be accountable for everything I put in my mouth. It’s less about the numbers and more about knowing what I’m eating.
- Eating at home: No more fast food! The weekend before I started, I spent a day cooking and filled my freezer full of individual sized portions that are way healthier than anything I can buy in the drive-thru. Now I can eat at home with no excuses.
As of this morning (day 8) I am down 4.2 pounds.
I know that this is not going to be a consistent rate of loss, but what a way to start!
2014 is going to be my year.
I am going to be happy and healthy and fit.