I’ve been struggling with back pain for a few weeks now, and last week was particularly painful. When I don’t feel well, I eat. And I don’t make good choices when doing so. As a result, I gained weight this week. But it was expected, so I’m not angry or sad or upset that it happened.
It didn’t hurt that the shirt I wore to work today used to be too small, and the new workout pants I bought today were a size 1X. I’m also addicted to the pool this year – the first year I’ve worn a bathing suit in at least twelve years.
Starting Weight: 233.6
Last Weigh-in: 220.0
Current Weight: 222.1
Total Lost: 11.5 pounds
I wasn’t able to take my measurements this morning because I was running late and had an early meeting. But I think they’re probably still close to the last set. Two pounds either way isn’t going to magically change my numbers.
But the truth is, I do need the scale to move. My body apparently doesn’t respond to a “normal” workout routine and diet, so we’re dialing my diet back down to 1400 calories/day. And my focus is more on the calories than what protein or carbs I’m eating. The ironic thing about that is that I got more protein than carbs today without even trying.
Here’s my new plan for the month (recipes to be added as I make them):
- Homemade Sausage Biscuit – 260 Calories
- 1 cup Cheerios or Rice Chex with .5 cup whole milk and 2 oz strawberries – 188 Calories (or with a banana – 228 Calories)
- 2 eggs with cheese on toast – 275 Calories
- Baked Chicken Nuggets – 207 Calories
- Tomato Soup – 232 Calories
- Perdue Italian Style Chicken – 140 Calories
- Steamed Broccoli – 50 Calories
- Green Giant Antioxidant Vegetable Blend Steamer – 75 Calories
- Tomato Sandwich – 343 Calories
- Chipotle Chicken Potato Skins – 425 Calories
- Turkey Patty – 161 Calories
- Sweet Potato Fries – 140 Calories
- Individual Meatloaf – 202 Calories
- Garlic and Sea Salt Mahi Mahi – 158 Calories
- MK’s Spaghetti Sauce + 3 oz whole wheat pasta – 473 Calories
- Kale and Rice – 423 Calories
- Kale Tomato Pasta – 310 Calories
- Healthy Choice Frozen Greek Yogurt – 100 Calories
- 4 oz Strawberries – 36 Calories
- Peanut Butter English Muffin – 290 Calories
- Bell Pepper and Tzatziki – 60 Calories
- Sugar Free Chocolate Pudding – 60 Calories